2013 Jacksonville Classic Tournament

Torrential rains, flood warnings, tornado watches, and wind gusts to 40+ mph. My Cuda 14 was, once again, ready for the challenge. Other than the weather factors the tournament was a huge success with all the proceeds going to two great cause; The Down Syndrome Association of Jacksonville and the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation. The fishing proved to be challenging as I was only able to hook and lose one flounder at the boat. That’s tournament fishing. Congratulations to Drew Gregory for not only placing in the Slam category but finishing fourth overall in the flounder category in close to brutal conditions. It was also great to see fellow Jackson Teammates Jameson Redding, Melita Ganoe, and Charlie Ganoe as well. Thanks to all the folks who helped put together an amazing tournament ! By the size of the gathering of participants and spectators at the Captain’s Meeting and weigh in ceremonies it was clear to see that the kayaking community is strong and growing !

Tight Lines !
Alan

Comments on “2013 Jacksonville Classic Tournament”

1. Toby bunch
    May 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I am new to the kayak fishing scene. I was wondering the best way to keep my catch fresh while I am fishing.

1. July 2, 2013 at 2:05 am

Toby,

A lot of us use stringers, but the best way to keep your catch fresh it to get them on ice ASAP! A cooler in the tankwell will get the job done. We also make a great cooler / fish bag that will work well in most kayaks and is designed to fit perfect in the Jackson Cuda and Big Tuna.

Jameson

2. TD
    May 15, 2013 at 9:33 pm

If you don’t mind me asking, what color is that Cuda?

1. May 16, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hey Tom,
      I believe Alan ordered what we call an urban camo, but in this pic it almost appears to be a black and white mix.

3. Bob
    May 17, 2013 at 2:31 am

Nice looking Cuda. What is on the deck of the Cuda? Looks like rubber or neoprene material. Thanks!

1. May 23, 2013 at 12:58 am

Yes it is the urban camo (custom ordered). I applied a product called SeaDek to the inside. Its a non-skid padding that works great. Especially for standing. The company is in the process of making it for many different kayak brands including the Cuda and Big Tuna. I received mine as a prototype to test but should be available soon.

2. June 13, 2013 at 4:07 am

Hey Bob,

That is team member Alan Ryland’s Cuda, and I forget the name of the company, but I ‘m pretty sure they are based out of Florida, and make those soft decks for boats, kayaks, etc. They can make them to order. Sorry I couldn’t help more. Good Luck.

4. TD
    May 24, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the response brooksbeatty and Alan! I was hoping it was a new color that JK was going to introduce. I’ve been holding out for the right color…oh well, maybe soon. Thanks, again!